This is an update I really should make Garrett write. After all, it is his success that warrants our first blog post of the summer. (Chasing after a one-year old is, in fact, all-consuming). But in fairness, I probably instigated the original discussion that led us down this path, so here it goes…
5 Reasons Why September Will be a Month We Won’t Forget
- Garrett has accepted a position of Video Production Specialist, which is the next step for him after an awesome run with JaxParks and the City of Jacksonville.
- The new job is in county government, which continues Garrett’s government-employment streak (previously: Navy & City), via Clackamas County.
- My hometown (Molalla, Oregon) happens to reside in Clackamas County, along with some of my favorite parts (and people) of Oregon.
- Mathias and Garrett will become adopted Oregonians as we leave Jacksonville next month and resettle in the Willamette Valley (the land of milk and honey…and craft beer and marionberries!)
- The dreams we have for our family outweigh the dream job I have had these last six years. It’s the right time for the Teagues to go West on our own Oregon Trail.
We are still working out the details, but Garrett will start mid-September after the PGA TOUR’s FedExCup Playoffs conclude. I’m a free agent, open to new opportunities but also the possibility of taking time to find the right next step for me. There’s enough to be done between checking off the Jax Bucket List and saying goodbyes to starting fresh and finding the perfect home on the best coast!
Coming soon: the “buy our stuff” and “where should we live” posts that accompany any cross-country move. We will keep the blog updated as our zip code changes…and share a few more photos of Tiny Teague too!
Subscribe for the Playbook Template
Are you prepared to go live and shine in the moments that make content great? Add your email below to receive my personal Playbook template that helps to plan out live event coverage in advance.